Children spend an average of 7 hours and 38 minutes a day on digital media, plugged in and glued to screens, according to recent studies. That’s 5.5 hours over the recommended limit, often leading to poor school performance, behavioral problems, neck pain, and much more. With Dr. Gregory Jantz’s Ten Tips For Parenting The Smartphone Generation learn to avoid the negative consequences and enjoy watching your child gain the most out of technology.
Smartphones. Computers. Tablets. One of the biggest challenges for parents is balancing the advantages of cutting-edge technology and endless information with the dangers of unlimited exposure. From practical tips on setting good examples for your child to ways of wisely monitoring what they see and do with technology, Dr. Gregory Jantz packs Bible-based ideas and solid research in a 112-page guide to help you protect your children as they learn to interact with media and technology.
In this easy-to-understand guide, you will gain the confidence to
- Set a good example in regulating screen time, increasing quality family time
- Establish positive and educational uses of technology
- Set boundaries and parent controls to protect your children from bad habits, cyber-bullies, and online predators
- and more!
112 pgs, paperback, 4.5 x 6.5 inches.
3 Key Features of Ten Tips For Parenting The Smartphone Generation
Based on years of time-tested practice and decades of helping those suffering with anxiety, Dr. Gregory Jantz shares his seven effective answers in this 112-page guide.
1. Easy-to-Read Practical Advice
Enjoy getting practical and effective tips on teaching your children to manage media that you can start applying now. Includes—
- Setting Your Own Boundaries and Standards—Children learn by example and take after your personal habits
- Tracking & Monitoring Your Child’s Phone & Internet Use—Many parents feel uncomfortable “spying” on their children, but protecting them is your first priority
- Encouraging Scriptures for Support—Enjoy being strengthened by the Word and the Lord who provides everything you need to raise your child up in his ways
- and more!
2. Covers the Key Topics on Parenting in the Age of Technology
Enjoy having the major elements of raising boys into followers of Christ in one booklet! Includes—
- Practice What You Preach—Set your own standards and boundaries for media use as an example for your children to follow
- Figure Out How Much Is Too Much—Learn why experts recommend a 2-hour maximum for daily media use
- Watch Out for the Bad—Learn practical ways to keep your children safe from adult content, cyber-bullying, online predators, and more
- Look Inside, Not Just Outside—Connect with your child on a deeper level as you gain insight on why and how they use technology
- and much more!
3. Based on Solid Research and Biblical Advice
Answers common questions such as—
- What are the health risks for excessive technology use?
- What are the signs of technology addiction?
- What does the Bible teach about parenting by example?
- and much more!