EVER HAVE TROUBLE TALKING TO GOD?
Perhaps everyone has felt some degree of fear and trepidation at the thought of talking with a perfect and almighty God. Though we should come before God’s throne with awe-inspired reverence, we should always remember that God wants to hear from us; He wants us to talk to Him. It is when we talk to the Lord through prayer that we experience the closeness and personal touches of an ever-living and compassionate Father.
Sadly, few people really know how to talk with God, even though God Himself, through the Person of Jesus Christ, teaches us how to pray in His Word. Following God : Praying God’s Way is a twelve-week study that expounds on biblical teaching as to how we should pray. The study addresses issues that are hindrances to our communication with God, such as lack of sincerity, pride, selfishness, etc. In the author’s view, all hindrances to effective prayer are rooted to one core problem–sin. By reading this study, you will be better equipped to leap over the obstacles of sin and communicate with God in a way that is pleasing to Him
In the pages of this book, you will find answers to the following questions:
* When we pray, is there a certain formula or arrangement of words we must repeat?
* How can we overcome hindrances to prayer, such as pride, and walk with GOD in humility?
* What does it mean to pray the Word of God?
* What posture should we use while praying? Must we always be on our knees with heads bowed and eyes closed?
* How do we know which needs are worthy of bringing to our Father?
* What does Jesus teach us concerning prayer?