For years a debate has raged over how to define true masculinity and true femininity. While there is agreement that men and women share equally in the privilege of being made in God’s image, some views of manhood and womanhood blur God-given gender distinctions.
Wayne Grudem assembled a team of distinguished writers to show how egalitarian views destroy God’s ideal for your relationships, marriage, and life purposes. The contributors to this book include:
- John Piper, Pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Bruce A. Ware, Senior Associate Dean of the School of Theology and Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Richard W. Hove, Director of Campus Crusade for Christ at Duke University
- Daniel Doriani, Dean of the Faculty and Professor of New Testament at Covenant Theological Seminary
- Daniel R. Heimbach, Professor of Christian Ethics at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Peter Jones, Professor of New Testament at Westminster Theological Seminary in California
These writers explore key issues, including the interchangeability of male-female roles, the meaning of submission, and the historical novelty of egalitarian interpretations of Scripture. This book will demonstrate how some views of manhood and womanhood tamper with our understanding of God’s character and why the extremes of male domination and feminism destroy the beauty of our sexual differences-differences that celebrate the excellence of men and women as God created us.