Every Parent’s Guide to Helping Teenagers and Young Adults Thrive in Their Faith, Family, and Future
Growing up doesn’t mean growing apart. It means Growing With.
As a parent of a teenager or young adult, you may feel as though you’re guessing about what to do next–with mixed results. You want to stay connected with your maturing child, but you’re not sure how. And deep down, you fear your child doesn’t want or need you.
Based on brand-new research and interviews with remarkable families, Growing With equips you to take steps toward your teenager or young adult in a mutual journey of intentional growth that trusts God to transform your entire family. By highlighting three groundbreaking strategies, authors Kara Powell and Steven Argue show that it’s never too early or too late to
• accept the child you have, not the child you wish you had
• work toward solutions rather than only identifying problems
• develop empathy that nudges rather than judges
• fight for your child, not against them
• connect your child with a faith and a church big enough to handle their doubts and struggles
• dive into tough discussions about dating, career, and finances
unleash your child’s passions and talents to change our world