Effective Leadership For Fruitful Mission and Ministry
Nearly one in four congregations in the United States is a midsize church (150-400 worshippers per week), and the midsize church has its own distinctive culture, dynamics, and characteristics. Drawing on years of research and pastoral ministry, David J. Peter has written a comprehensive handbook for pastors and staff who direct these churches.
Peter covers the most important issues leaders encounter, including:
• The important role they play in advancing the kingdom of God
• Common cultural characteristics
• Typical problems and productive solutions
• Advantages over both small and large churches, and how to capitalize on them
• Practices for developing healthy programs
• The responsibilities of the pastor
• Guidance for hiring staff and recruiting volunteers
Pastors of midsize congregations will find effective resources and encouragement for successful leadership.